Saturday, December 6, 2008

I love when I have wedding updates

Wedding Updates:
The dress is in! I got a call from Williamsburg Bridal announcing that my dress has finally arrived. Sad part is I have no idea when I'll have a chance to get up there to try it on (the shop is about an hour away) until exams are over. But I am beyond excited!
The save the dates finally arrived! The plan is to get them sent out over Christmas break. Yay for a whole month off of school! Gotta love college life.
Running Updates:
Since Tuesday was a rest day, I decided to just follow the training program and do the required 2 miles on Wednesday. Normally I would have done more, but wow, those 2 miles were torture to crank out. I don't know what the deal was, but I jogged very slowly (21 minutes to run 2 miles=average a little over 10-minute miles), yet my heart rate was higher than normal. As I was cooling down, it hit me: I felt so nauseus. I stretched for a little, but all I wanted to was to be in my bed! Once I got home, I layed in bed for probably 2 and a half hours, praying for relief. I had the stomach flu back in March (which happened to fall on the day of Chelsea and Justin's wedding) and have serious fears about getting it again. But by that night I felt fine!
Thursday, the fiance and I met up for a run through the neighborhood. We had a really good time and did 3 miles in 30 minutes.
Friday I did some basic crosstraining at the gym: about 25 minutes of HIIT cardio. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training, which basically means alternating between 30 seconds to a minute of all-out exercise, followed by about 90 seconds to 2 minutes of recovery. I chose to do it on a strange machine that's like a mix of a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stairmaster! Depending on the range of motion you use, you feel like you're running through sand! I tried to find a picture online, but I have no idea what it's called or how to describe it. Anyway, the HIIT was a success and I burned almost 400 calories, keeping my heart rate up around an average of 157 (peaked in the mid 170s! Finally!). I also did some serious ab work (which I have been putting off for real). Definitely feeling that today.
Get this: it's Saturday, and I have a final exam at 3:45. What was that I was saying about loving college? The fiance and I are planning at 4 mile treadmill run (so cold outside) for later today.